Featured

Lagos discharges 90 COVID-19 patients

LAGOS, Nigeria – Ninety Coronavirus patients have been discharged in Lagos State.

The State Ministry of Health made this known on its Twitter page on Saturday.

It said the patients are 30 females and 60 males.

With this development, 1,137 patients have been discharged in the State.

“90 fully recovered #COVID19Lagos patients; 30 females & 60 males have been discharged from our Isolation facilities to reunite with the society.

“The patients; 28 from Onikan, 9 from Eti-Osa (LandMark), 10 from Agidingbi, 25 from Gbagada, 2 from First Cardiology, 10 from Lekki and 26 from @LUTHofficial Isolation Centres were discharged after testing negative to #COVID19.

“With this, the number of #COVID19 cases successfully managed & discharged in Lagos has risen to 1137.”

“As

Nollywood actor, Bolanle Ninalowo reveals why he converted from Islam to Christianity

LAGOS, Nigeria – Nollywood actor Bolanle Ninalowo has given reasons for converting to Christianity despite born into a staunch Muslim family

Ninalowo who was named as Azeez said his system of faith changed after some bad experience.

The actor during an Instagram live session said he got into trouble and his parents and family members who were Muslims could not save him.

He stated that the bible rescued him at that time from the trouble and since then “it became my life manual.”


” My name is Azeez; I was born into a staunch Muslim family but when I was in trouble and frustrated, it was the bible that saved me, as my parents and family members who were Muslims could not.

“So, I picked up the bible and it became my life manual.”

He, however, added that he has only been to church once in his life.

Addressing the rate at which Nollywood veterans go financially bankrupt, Ninalowo said the actors are to blame and not the government.

He said “The blame should not be on Nollywood because it doesn’t have structure, it should be on the individual. You are not a victim of circumstances; you are a victim of the choices you made. A lot of them are carried away. They don’t have retirement plans.”

MY HUSBAND IS ALLOWED TO HAVE MANY SIDECHICKS NOT ONE SAID- SAYI SHEY

LAGOS, Nigeria – Nigerian female singer, Seyi Shay has said her husband can have more than one side chic.

The singer revealed this during Simi’s “Stoopid sessions”

According to her, she is comfortable with the idea of her partner having ‘side chics’ but not just one particular one.


When asked if she would allow her partner to have a side chic, Seyi Shay said: “I will actually be cool with my man having chics outside, as long as they are ‘chics’ and not one.

The 34-year-old singer stressed that her partner having just one side chic will be a problem to her as she feels he definitely will become attached to that person.


“If my man has one chic on the side, then he is more likely to fall in love with that one chic but if he has got many chics outside and he’s doing his thing but I’m number one clearly in every way, it is fine,” Seyi Shay added.

She, however, concluded that her partner must have a conversation with her in the beginning that there are people.

Crisis in Ekiti APC worsens as factions disagree over lifts of suspension on former lawmaker

EKITI, Nigeria – The crisis of confidence rocking the Ekiti State chapter of the All Progressives Congress (APC) has widened as a faction yesterday lifted the suspension slammed on former member of the House of Representatives, Hon Bimbo Daramola.


A letter signed by eight ward executives and 26 other leaders of Ire ward II in Oye Council area and addressed to the local government and State Working Committee, said they took the action to save the APC from internal implosion, in view of the immense popularity Daramola mustered in the Ward.


Those who signed the letter were: Vice Chairman, Adebayo Kotila, Organising Secretary, Daramola Kunle, Assistant Organising Secretary, Dada Olabisi and Welfare Officer, Florence Oguntuase.

The list includes: Assistant Legal Adviser, Felix Aderibigbe, Assistant Youth Leader, Tope Omoseebi, Ec Officio I, Ojo Jegede, ex Officio II, Femi Omotoso and 26 other party leaders.


But responding to the lifting of the suspension, the APC State Publicity Secretary, Hon Ade Ajayi, described the action as illegal, saying it was illicitly done by those not recognized by the party.


The APC in Ire ward II , had last year suspended Daramola from the party for alleged anti-party activities, which had kept him away from the party.

But lifting the suspension, the ward leaders said: “the imposition of the suspension on Hon Bimbo Daramola ab initio was null and void, because it didn’t follow due process.

“He has to be reabsorbed into the party, because of his relevance and we are writing the local government and State executives to continue to give him all privileges as a bonafide member of the party.

“The lifting of the suspension is with immediate effect”.

Justifying their action, the ward leaders said Daramola’s suspension has generated a lot of ripples in APC and that they deemed it as ill-conceived and antithetical to the reconciliation efforts of the Mallam Mai Mala Buni-led caretaker committee.

“His suspension was carried out by some misguided members of the party for selfish interest. The members that carried out the suspension didn’t follow due process and the party’s constitution.

“Again, Daramola was not given fair hearing and his suspension not in the best interest of the party”.


Responding, Daramola described the action as pleasant, saying it came as a surprise to him.

“It saddened my heart that my own ward would claim it had suspended me when I was not called to defend myself. I didn’t believe I was suspended in the first instance.

“The person who claimed to have suspended me didn’t live in our Ward. There were a lot of discrepancies and irregularities in the suspension and I salute my people for standing up to correct it”.

But the APC spokesperson, Ade Ajayi, branded those who lifted the suspension as lacking the locus stand to carry out such action.


“The SWC doesn’t recognise those who lifted the suspension. Such action must be ratified by the council and the State. They didn’t follow due process and it is null and void.

“We are not against lifting of suspension on any erring member, but it has to follow due process”, he stated.

Coronavirus: Lagos govt seal up Quilox bar and others for violating safety guidelines

LAGOS, NIGERIA– The State Government on Monday locked up a bar, Quilox Pool and Bar and three other facilities including Page One, Farms City, and Bien Mange all located in Ajah and Lekki areas of Lagos State for violating COVID-19 guidelines and contravening different sections of the State Environmental Law.

The Lagos State Environmental Protection Agency (LASEPA) officials led by Special Assistant to the General Manager, Dr. Adebola Odunsi and the Director of Enforcement, Compliance and Monitoring, Kayode Bello, visited the facilities and noticed that the operators of the centres did not adhere to the government directives on COVID-19 safety protocols.

The agency’s General Manager, Dr. Dolapo Fasawe, stated that the agency had acted on a tip-off from a whistle-blower that discovered the infractions.

“The agency acted on a tip from a whistle-blower, alleging traffic congestion, flagrant disobedience of the environmental laws (public smoking and noise pollution) as well as non-compliance of the COVID -19 safety protocols. And upon arrival, the team noticed several infractions and identified same to the management, which led to clearing out the fun seekers and shutting down the facility pending full investigations.

“Our aim in LASEPA is to identify environmental violations across the various facilities visited, but could not afford to ignore the level of non-compliance to COVID-19 protocols in all the sealed facilities”, she added.

“Therefore, their activities remain illegal under the State’s guidelines on combating COVID-19 outbreak. All offenders, including facilities, event planners, organizers, and promoters would face stern repercussions as consequences for their nonchalant engagement.

”Apart from the environmental contravention observed in some of the facilities visited, we saw clearly that there were so many other pressing issues that needed to be handled and as such we are happy that all other relevant MDAs such as the Lagos State Safety Commission,(LSSC), the Rapid Response Square, (RRS) Lagos State Traffic Management Authority ( LASTMA) and the Lagos State Task Force are in sync with the Government to flatten the curve as soon as possible,” she said.

NDDC: Akpabio messed up Buhari’s anti-corruption war – Fayose

  Ayodele Fayose, former Governor of Ekiti State has reacted to the probe of NDDC over alleged fraud, mismanagement of funds.

Fayose on Monday said the probe of Akpabio and NDDC before the House of Representative is a clear proof that Buhari’s government is full of corruption.

According to him, Akpabio has made a mess of Buhari’s fight against corruption

His tweet read: “Isn’t it now clear for all to see that this APC government of Buhari is a family of corruption?

“Just like Magu Gate and others before it, the looting of NDDC under the control of Senator Godswill Akpabio has again made a mess of their self-professed fight against corruption

Akpabio appeared before the House of Representative Committee which is investigating the alleged misappropriation of funds in the Niger Delta Development Commission, NDDC.

Recall that the committee had on Friday summoned Akpabio, following allegations levelled against him by the former Managing Director of the NDDC, Joy Nunieh.

SAUDI KING, SALMAN ‘ADMITTED’ TO HOSPITAL

The king has ruled since 2015 and is custodian of Islam’s holiest sites. His son Mohammed bin Salman is next in line.


Saudi Arabia’s King Salman bin Abdulaziz has been admitted to hospital, suffering from inflammation of the gall bladder, according to state media.

The 84-year-old ruler, who has ruled the country since 2015, was undergoing medical checks in the capital, state news agency SPA said on Monday. No other details were given.

Iraqi Prime Minister Mustafa al-Kadhimi postponed his scheduled visit to Riyadh following the king’s hospitalisation, the Saudi foreign minister said.

“In recognition of the importance of the visit and a desire to make it succeed, our wise leadership in coordination with our brothers in Iraq has decided to postpone the visit,” Prince Faisal bin Farhan Al Saud wrote on Twitter.Advertisements

An Iraqi delegation, led by Finance Minister Ali Allawi, arrived in Saudi Arabia on Sunday.

King Salman, the custodian of Islam’s holiest sites, spent more than two and a half years as the Saudi crown prince and deputy prime minister from June 2012 before becoming king. He also served as governor of the Riyadh region for more than 50 years.

The de facto ruler and next in line to the throne is his son, Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman (MBS).

The crown prince has won praise at home for easing social restrictions in the conservative Muslim kingdom, giving more rights to women and pledging to diversify the economy.Advertisements

But he has also drawn criticism for Saudi Arabia’s involvement in Yemen’s long-running war and attempts to silence dissident and consolidate power by marginalising rivals, including a purge of top royals and businessmen on corruption charges.

Saudi Arabia’s King Salman bin Abdulaziz has been admitted to hospital for checks, according to state media [File: Waleed Ali/Reuters]

He came under intense international criticism over the 2018 murder of Saudi journalist Jamal Khashoggi in the kingdom’s Istanbul consulate, which the CIA has reportedly said took place on the crown prince’s orders.

MBS has denied ordering Khashoggi’s killing but said he ultimately bears “full responsibility” as the kingdom’s de facto leader.

Coronavirus: LGA shuts 3 markets over noncompliance with preventive measures in Lagos

LAGOS,NIGERIA– The Chairman of Amuwo-Odofin Local Government Area in Lagos State, Engr. Dr. Valentine Buraimoh has ordered that three popular markets in the local government area (Agboju, Oyinlola and Aroso markets) be closed for not complying with the laid down safety protocols and preventive measures to curb further spread of coronavirus.

On Monday, the committee set up by the local government to ensure compliance with safety directives by traders stormed the markets and sealed them.

The combined team consisting of all security agents across the Local Government Area were visibly present to provide necessary support and security backups.

The Chairman of the committee, who is the Vice-Chairman of the Local Government, Hon. Idris Abubakar Olusegun, said: “The essence of shutting down the markets is to send forth a clear message that the local government will do everything in its capacity to stop the surge of the COVID-19 in our local government area.

We have trained, sensitized, appealed to them to do the needful by observing all the safety protocols in the interest of our communities. But their recalcitrant attitude necessitated today’s action.”

The Vice-Chairman emphatically stated that the markets would remain closed until traders and market officials clearly display their intentions to be pragmatic in observing the safety protocols and also commit themselves to a written undertaking in that regard.

DON JAZZY AND EBUKA UNVEILED AS BIG BROTHER AMBASSADORS

Ebuka who returns as the host of BBNaija for the fourth time this year– said

Betway is one of the world’s biggest gaming and entertainment brands, while Big Brother Naija is Africa’s biggest reality TV show.

So, I’m incredibly proud and greatful to be involved with both brands. BBNaija season 5 is going to be the biggest and most exciting one yet , and I can’t wait to share all the drama and excitement with Betway customer ‘s and BBNaija fans all over the world”

Don Jazzy, who remains one of Nigeria’s most celebrated and influential entertainers, shared his excitement, saying

“I’m so delighted to be partnering with Betway on Big Brother Naija season 5.

My fans can expect to get the best of entertainment, banter, fun and excitement from me, Ebuka, and the Betway team throughout this season of BBNaija, it’s game on, from July 19th!”

Speaking during the unveiling and signing ceremony, Betway country Manager, Lere Awokoya said

“Din Jazzy and Ebuka are two of Nigeria’s leading pop culture influencers and trendsetter,

Through our partnership with these two superstars, and with Betway as BBNaija’s lead sponsor, we are able to connect even more with a passionate entertainment audience and bring the ultimate gaming experience to millions of Nigerians.”

As Big Brother Naija’s lead sponsor, Betway will promote a spirit of competition among the housemates, as well as fans and viewers of the show, Betway will also add to the thrill of the BBNaija experience through its weekly Arena Games, and a variety of gaming activities, both on the TV show and on Betway platforms all of which give viewers the chance to play and win.

The Betway Group is a leading provider of first-class entertainment across sports betting and casino. Launched in 2006, the company operates across a number of regulated online markets and holds licenses in the UK, Malta, Italy, Spain, Belgium, Germany and licenses its brand to certain licensed local operating companies in Zambia, Kenya, Uganda, Ghana, South Africa and Nigeria.

‘BARCELONA WILL LOSE TO NAPOLI’ SAID- MESSI

Lionel Messi warns Barcelona they ‘will lose to Napoli’ in the Champions League if they don’t make radical changes after handing the Liga title to Real Madrid.

The Blaugrana were beaten by Osasuna on Thursday evening, the same day that Real Madrid mathematically clinched the title.

“This game is a microcosm of how our season has gone,” complained a visibly irritated Messi on Movistar.

“We were inconsistent, weak, beaten by a team that had more intensity and hunger. I think if we continue like this, it’s going to be difficult to win the Champions League.

“This wasn’t enough in La Liga. If we don’t change, we will lose to Napoli too.”

The first leg in the Champions League Round of 16 ended 1-1 at the Stadio San Paolo and the second leg is at Camp Nou on August 8.

Barca coach will be impossible.. Setien

Barcelona coach Quique Setien admitted to uncertainty over his future at the helm.

Quique Setien admitted he was unsure if he would still be in charge of Barcelona for the Champions League next month.

Barcelona slumped to a 2-1 loss to Osasuna on Thursday as Real Madrid clinched their 34th league title.

Lionel Messi said Barça needed to be self-critical and they are due to face Napoli in the second leg of their Champions League last-16 tie, having drawn 1-1 in Italy.

Asked if he would be in the dugout for the delayed return fixture with Gennaro Gattuso’s men, Setien replied: “I hope so, but I don’t know. I agree with Messi on some things, with self-criticism.”

While Setien still believes in Barça’s chances in the Champions League, he said his future was out of his hands.

“I am the person who makes decisions on what happens on the pitch and am convinced that we are going to be a different team, with a different mental attitude and that we will face the Champions League with the intensity the competition requires.

“Until then I can control things, the rest I can’t control it. I’ve already lived through these situations.”

Since the LaLiga season resumed last month, Barcelona have won just six of 10 games, while Madrid have won all 10 of their matches.

Setien believes Barca have lacked the luck of their rivals, saying: “They have won 10 out of 10 and we have dropped points.

“Many of those games in which we dropped points, we deserved to win.

Create your website at WordPress.com
Get started